FLX Bio is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel drugs that will improve and prolong the lives of people with cancer. The company is led by a group of seasoned researchers from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries and is supported by several of the nation’s premier life sciences venture capital firms. The company is located in the San Francisco Bay area, in the heart of the world’s largest biotechnology research hub. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist with expertise in immunology to take a leading role in our internal research efforts to identify and develop new immune-based therapies for the treatment of cancer. The selected candidate will be part of the Discovery Biology group where the data generated forms a critical element in preclinical target validation, project advancement for chemistry support and the characterization of leading drug candidates in relevant immune models to aid program progression.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Target identification and validation
- Cellular and in vivo model development in relevant areas of immunology and tumor immune oncology
- Championing early stage drug discovery programs in collaboration with partners from the medicinal chemistry team
- Participating in multidisciplinary team efforts to make key decisions on compound and program progression
- Presenting regular updates to project teams and the leadership team
- Representing the company by presenting and publishing innovative research where appropriate
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- PhD or equivalent degree in immunology, cancer biology, pharmacology or relevant scientific discipline
- A minimum of 2 years of post-doctoral experience with proven successful research in industrial or academic settings
- Familiarity with tumor immunology or suppressive immune cell-types a plus.
- Excellent technical skills applicable to state-of-art research including being well-versed in flow cytometry, primary culture, cell biology and functional analysis of immune cells
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong motivation, independence, and ability to work in a high-pace multidisciplinary environment with minimal supervision
- The candidate should also enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic, high-achieving and cooperative environment where every voice matters.