FLX Bio, Inc. is an immuno-oncology company focused on the discovery and development of orally-available, small molecule drugs to activate the immune system and eradicate cancer. Using its integrated immuno-oncology drug discovery platform, FLX Bio’s small molecule compounds specifically target proteins and pathways important for regulatory T cells or myeloid cells within the tumor microenvironment. Its lead candidate FLX475, a best-in-class CCR4 inhibitor, entered Phase 1 studies in December 2017 and has the potential to be used alone or in combination with checkpoint inhibitors to treat a variety of cancers. The company employs a precision medicine strategy for prospective patient selection in clinical studies, applying its robust computational and translational biology capabilities to identify key biomarkers that should maximize clinical response and increase the probability of clinical success. In addition, FLX is developing small molecule inhibitors of GCN2, a stress response kinase that detects amino acid starvation in the tumor microenvironment, and USP7, a therapeutic target involved in multiple cancer pathways.
The Research Associate will be working directly with an experienced scientist driving the discovery, characterization and development of immuno-modulatory drugs for the treatment of cancer. The position requires creative problem-solving applied towards the development, optimization and execution of Translational Studies and Pharmacodynamic (PD) assays.
- Optimize and execute PD assays to support preclinical and clinical studies.
- Plan, execute, and document experiments
- Data analysis, interpretation, and presentation of results
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with other team members.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- A B.S. or M.S. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology & Immunology or a related discipline
- At least two years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic setting
- Experience with cell culture and handling of primary human and/or mouse cells is highly desirable
- Strong candidates will have an analytical/data-driven approach to problem-solving as well as proven experience with assay development and troubleshooting
- Prior knowledge and experience with flow cytometry is a plus
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced start-up company environment
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Located in South San Francisco, Calif., and funded by leading investors, including The Column Group (TCG), Kleiner Perkins (KP), Topspin Partners, GV (formerly Google Ventures) and Celgene Corporation, FLX Bio has assembled a leadership team and advisory group with a proven track record of success and team of scientists with substantial knowledge and expertise in drug discovery and translational areas essential to execute on this approach. For more information, please visit www.flxbio.com.