FLX Bio is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel drugs that will improve and prolong the lives of people with cancer. The company is led by a group of seasoned researchers from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries and is supported by several of the nation’s premier life sciences venture capital firms. The company is located in the San Francisco Bay area, in the heart of the world’s largest biotechnology research hub. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
The Research Associate will assist in driving the discovery, characterization, and development of new therapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Work with an experienced scientist to optimize and execute cell-based and biochemical assays that will drive key drug discovery decisions.
- Analyze experimental data, prepare technical reports and present scientific results at team research meetings.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- A B.S. or M.S. in Biochemistry, Cell Biology or a related discipline
- At least two years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic setting
- Strong, practical laboratory skills in cell culture, experimental execution and analysis, and development of cell-based and biochemical assays
- Experience with automated liquid handling systems and laboratory robotics
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks, deliver high-quality data for time-sensitive objectives, and work with close direction to troubleshoot experimental challenges
- Good interpersonal skills and enjoy working with others in a team setting
- An enthusiastic attitude and a willingness to learn
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational and record-keeping skills, and ability to work independently
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint