FLX Bio is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel drugs that will improve and prolong the lives of people with cancer. The company is led by a group of seasoned researchers from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries and is supported by several of the nation’s premier life sciences venture capital firms. The company is located in the San Francisco Bay area, in the heart of the world’s largest biotechnology research hub. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
The Medicinal Chemistry group at FLX is critical to our mission of delivering small molecule drug candidates that will help patients. Our aggressive project goals are achieved with a vibrant, team-oriented approach to drug discovery. The Research Associate will be responsible for synthesizing novel molecules directed at one of our biological targets. He/She will be a key member of a multi-disciplinary drug discovery teams and develop a broad working knowledge of various scientific disciplines in addition to medicinal chemistry including immunology, oncology, and drug metabolism. With guidance from their supervisor and project leadership, the Research Associate will integrate data from previously synthesized molecules into the design of novel molecules anticipated to possess increasingly optimal biological profiles.
The Medicinal Chemistry Research Associate will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the research team by synthesizing key intermediates and small molecule drug targets
- Carrying out purification and characterization of compounds
- Maintaining clear and accurate records of experiments in approved notebooks
- Developing a broad working knowledge of medicinal chemistry, including principles of drug design, pharmacology, and drug metabolism among others
- Integratingdata from previously synthesized molecules into the design of molecules anticipated to possess superior profiles
- Helping maintain the efficiency of the drug discovery organization through activities such as inventory management, formulation, etc. as needed
The Medicinal Chemistry Research Associate must have the following:
- BS or MS in organic chemistry with minimum of 2 years of synthetic chemistry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced lab environment
Industry experience a plus