FLX Bio is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel drugs that will improve and prolong the lives of people with cancer. The company is led by a group of seasoned researchers from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries and is supported by several of the nation’s premier life sciences venture capital firms. The company is located in the San Francisco Bay area, in the heart of the world’s largest biotechnology research hub. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are seeking a highly motivated, creative and experienced scientist with deep expertise in immunology, translational science, oncology or related fields to lead internal research efforts to identify and develop novel immune-based therapies for the treatment of cancer. The selected candidate will be leading a group of talented scientists in the Discovery Biology Department and will hold a senior-level leadership role contributing to discovery and immune-oncology research programs, support preclinical target validation and guide projects towards clinical development.
Essential Duties and job functions:
- Team leadership and project management over expanding team of scientists and project initiatives
- Guide research strategy and experimentation in immuno-oncology programs
- Advance research programs from pre-clinical to clinical stage
- Lead new target identification and validation efforts
- Participate in multidisciplinary team efforts to make decisions on compound and program progression
- Lead interactions with key opinion leaders and the external research community
- Represent the company at external scientific meetings
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- PhD in Immunology, Translational Science, Oncology, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years post-doctoral research experience in a research and/or development environment and a record of outstanding research
- Experience with small molecule development is a plus
- Management experience (Project, laboratory, and personnel)
- Knowledge of immuno-oncology and high-throughput technologies is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills, applying scientific methods to resolution of critical issues
- A strong team player with excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to lead programs from discovery to early development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present internally and externally at scientific conferences
- The individual is also expected to establish and manage productive collaborations with academic and industry partners and contribute to the scientific community by publishing results in high quality journals
- Strong motivation, independence, and ability to work in a high-pace multidisciplinary environment with minimal supervision
- The candidate should also enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic, high-achieving and cooperative environment where every voice matters.
Located in South San Francisco, Calif., and funded by leading investors, including The Column Group (TCG), Kleiner Perkins (KP), Topspin Partners, GV (formerly Google Ventures) and Celgene Corporation, FLX Bio has assembled a leadership team and advisory group with a proven track record of success and team of scientists with substantial knowledge and expertise in drug discovery and translational areas essential to execute on this approach. For more information, please visit www.flxbio.com.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a Resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and please refer to job code #DIRDB. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.